Plant part: Wood
Blends well with: Amyris, Peru Balsam, Cedarwood, Davana, Lavender, Neroli, Palmarosa, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang
Aroma: Woody, balsamic, and slightly smokey
Color: Rich and brown
Buddha Wood’s ability to create a sense of calmness and relaxation is just as unique as its name. If you’ve never inhaled this amazing aroma, then it may be time to diffuse some Buddha Wood. The calming and transformative scent instills a peace of mind that will put your entire body into a state of heightened awareness. For this reason, it is commonly used for activities such as yoga and meditation. The woody, whiskey-like aroma is also great after a long day when you simply need to unwind and decompress. Because of its soft and pleasant aroma, it mixes well with many other scents.
That same relaxing effect in Buddha Wood essential oil makes it a great way to alleviate insomnia, and it also acts to reduce muscular aches and pains. It can help reduce the swelling of lymph nodes, and can help cure bacterial infections.
The small tree which produces Buddha Wood essential oil is found in the dry lands of Southern Australia, where it is wild harvested. The wood is soaked for 2 days and then extracted through steam distillation, creating a rich colored, medium bodied essential oil.
Buddha Wood Essential Oil Uses
Immune System: Fights colds.
Limbic System: Reduces insomnia.
Lymphatic System: Eases swollen lymph nodes
Muscular System: Soothes aches and pains.
Nervous System: Reduces stress.
Skin: Works against bacterial infections.
Therapeutic Properties: analgesic, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-microbial, anti-psychotic, anti-tumoral, sedative
Recipes With Buddha Wood Essential Oil
Cold and Flu:
- 5 drops of Buddha Wood oil
- 5 drops of Tea Tree oil
- 5 drops of Peppermint oil
- Add to a personal inhaler and inhale as needed.
- 1 drop of Buddha Wood oil
- 1 drop of Peppermint oil
- 2 drops of Frankincense oil
- 1 drop of Black Pepper oil
- 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil
- ½ cup of epsom salts
- Stir together and add to running bath water for a relaxing soak.
Swollen Lymph Glands:
- 2 drops of Buddha Wood Oil
- 2 drops of Tea Tree oil
- 2 tablespoons of hazelnut oil
- Add to a 10ml roller bottle, roll over swollen lymph glands as needed for relief.
- 2 drops of Buddha Wood oil
- 2 drops of Ylang Ylang oil
- Add to aromatherapy inhaler and diffuse 30-60 minutes.