Plant part: Flowering Tops
Note: Top – Middle
Blends well with: Rose, Frankincense, Lavender, Spikenard, German Chamomile, Roman Chamomile, Yarrow, Palo Santo, Immortelle, Sandalwood, Marjoram, Bergamot and Peppermint
Aroma: Sweet and herbaceous, with fruity undertones
Color: Deep Blue
When you first see Blue Tansy oil, you will probably be amazed by its vibrant color. The bright blue hue is as rare as the oil itself, and has a magical quality to it. It is truly noticed when used on the skin to treat all types of burns, stings, and skin disorders like psoriasis and eczema. When Blue Tansy is diffused, it can bring a tranquility like that of the deep sea which its color mimics.
Some people are wary of regular “Tansy Oil,” and with good reason: it is a noted toxin. However, Blue Tansy, like we have here, is botanically named Tanacetum annuum. The poisonous Tansy is Tanacetum vulgare. So if you put our Blue Tansy essential oil in the diffuser, it’s perfectly safe.
Blue Tansy is an herbaceous flowering plant common to Europe. The essential oil of Blue Tansy is extracted by steam distillation of the entire flower. The product of this process is a deep blue colored oil, with a medium consistency. It is truly majestic!
Blue Tansy Essential Oil Uses
Immune System: Reduces allergies.
Muscular System: Eases inflamed muscles and joints.
Skin: Athlete’s foot and other fungal infections, reduces appearance of rashes and sunburn.
Therapeutic Properties: analgesic, anti-allergenic, anti-histamine, anti-inflammatory
Recipes With Blue Tansy Essential Oil
- 5 drops of Blue Tansy oil
- 5 drops of Tea Tree oil
- 5 drops of Peppermint oil
- Add to a personal inhaler and inhale as needed.
Inflamed Muscles & Joints:
- 1 drop of Blue Tansy oil
- 1 drop of Peppermint oil
- 1 drop of Frankincense oil
- 1 drop of Black Pepper oil
- 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil
- ½ cup of epsom salts
- Stir together and add to running bath water for a relaxing soak.
- 15 drops of Blue Tansy oil
- 15 drops of Tea Tree oil
- 10 drops of Frankincense oil
- 8 drops of Lavender oil
- ½ cup of witch hazel
- Add to a 4 ounce spray bottle; shake well before spritzing on skin 3-4 times daily, or as needed to provide relief.
- 4 drops of Blue Tansy oil
- 6 drops of Helichrysum oil
- 10 drops of Lavender oil
- 2 drops of German Chamomile oil
- 5 drops of Wintergreen oil
- 3 drops of Frankincense oil
- ½ tablespoons of aloe vera
- ½ tablespoon of jojoba oil
- Shake the bottle to mix well, or use a glass stirring rod. Apply as much as needed to cover the burn area. Re-apply 2-3 times a day or as needed for relief.